At 10 PM on June 1, 2010 I deleted my Facebook account. These are a few of my reactions in the first couple of hours. They are not logical, nor am I terribly proud of them. Talk about a fucking first world problem!!
- they’ll forget me.
- someone is making a clever statement and I’m missing it.
- someone just posted an interesting video and I won’t see it.
- I won’t be able to know what’s going on in the lives of some people I care a lot about. Or those I don’t really care about but am occasionally curious to know what’s going on. Actually, not really curious about some, but will occasionally find them talking about something interesting.
- they won’t see me being clever/deep/interesting/flirty/funny/passionate and if nobody sees me being those things, am I?
- it’s alright for Jay and Juliet, they have families and full lives and friends and family that they see regularly. Except for Jen and Erin and occasionally Vanessa, I don’t really have friends that I spend time with here in RI.
- I’m hungry. (Nothing to do with Facebook, just noting the fact.)
- people I like won’t take the time to read this. (Melissa, Joya, Jay, Juliet and Beth, I’m not talking about you. Nor am I talking about you.
- damn them for being so lazy and not bothering to check out my blogs and photos and Twitter bon mots and podcasts just because they don’t live inside the Facebook ecosystem.
- wait, have I always been this whiney?
- fucking downstairs neighbor is smoking and it’s blowing into my room and I don’t like the smell only partly because it makes me want to smoke and I don’t do that anymore. Or rarely and only with certain people and I’m talking about cigarettes here people not cannibis and it never tastes as good as I think it will and more than missing smoking I miss enjoying smoking. Nanotechnology to fix us from cancer and bad habits where are you and why aren’t you invented yet!
- well, if I was still on Facebook, I wouldn’t have written this and probably would have spent way too much time coming up with precious and twee song quotes to impress the ladies with.
- I’m swearing a lot in this post. Wonder why?
- ok. I’m going to bed now.